Instagram is one of the most used social networking these days, thanks to its user base of over 600 million users. It is being used by people all over the globe and is even considered the best photo sharing platform. Ever since the Instagram stories came out, Instagram users and the time for which an average user uses Instagram has increased. Now unlike Facebook, there’s no way to save photos directly from Instagram. However, if you have an Android smartphone saving photos from Instagram is quite easy. Here are a couple of methods to help you out:
Using Facebook Messenger:
Facebook messenger app can help you download pictures from Instagram. Here’s how:
- Go to the photo in the Instagram app you want to save.
- Click on the three-dots icon at the top right corner of any photo you want to save. Then proceed to tap on the “Copy Share URL” option.
- Now launch Facebook Messenger app on the same phone and in the search box, search for “Repost Bot”. Tap on it to start a chat with the bot.
- Paste the copied URL and hit the send button.
- As the image URL is sent to the bot in the chat window, you’ll be able to see a “Download” option below the URL message. Click on that button and the photo will be saved on your device.
Using EasyDownloader App:
This app can be downloaded from the Play Store for free and its specific purpose is to let you save photos. Here’s how:
- Launch the EasyDownloader app from the Play Store and head to settings to enable the “Download Mode”.
- Launch Instagram from within the EasyDownloader app by clicking on the icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Once Instagram is launched, go to the photo you want to save and click on the three-dot icon in the top right corner above the photo.
- Here, click on the “Copy Share URL” option as before. The photo will then be downloaded to your device.